Saturday, December 6, 2008

"I once spilt my milk on purpose"

Scars on chest, sand in lungs,
Burning toes and liquid eyes.
Fighting against the wind,
For a single breath to stay.

Awkward as the first kiss,
Destructive as the last,
Your words are the rhythm
That my feet and lungs follow.

This could be the direction
Or the change I despise.
Sunglasses on, struck a pose,
Felt the liquid eyes seep.

I don't know what I love more:
You versus the idea of you,
Former hidden within this form,
Latter too late to think of.

Sometimes I fear I've lost;
Eye contact of souls disappeared,
Looking across tops of buildings,
Trying to find substance in words.

Funny, how 2am whispers wake me,
As though you're sending a message,
"I don't need you or anybody else",
Locked that door. Buried the key.

Stumbled my way home through diamonds,
Eyes turned from liquid to stone.
Ripped apart my chest to briefly check,
Nearly choked from ashes gushing out.

No comments: