Sunday, December 21, 2008

In the Dark

Bringing up insecurities in an alcohol mix-
Went from biting my nails to biting the bullet.
We get away with so much more than we should,
So just blame it on the darks loss of judgment.

I know the answer to yes's and no's,
That probably shouldn't have been put here,
So blame it on the dark, my eyes grow red.
I am locked inside my comfort zone.

There's a wish on my lips I won't dare breathe,
All of mine have come true- it sounds so joyful.
Shouldn't have been there in the first place,
I'd forgotten about them yet they came around again.

Music too soft? Hands too broken?
From your head, it's all too much.
I can count to 10 backwards
Just not the other way around.

Guess what? I'll blame it on the dark
That I don't know what I want this to be,
Slipping through the cracks in cement,
Because it's always dark down here.

No comments: