Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Dummies Guide to Breathing

I know how the darkness takes over the light in your world, so suddenly, collectively. Am I making this sound too dramatic? It’s worth it all for you, because I have memories that just couldn’t live up to the reality that I am in now. Just know that it stings, it burns, but how can you hold on to something that only used to be there?



Stars watch over with heavy eyes,
With wrist watches checked too often
And looking at the ground expectantly.
Rip your heart off your sleeve
It is all my doing; remember that
We used to be so close in the water
Now it’s towering over our heads.
Sometimes I lie about forever,
Do you believe me now?
I always told you I was a bad person.
But I’m worse than the winter winds.
That are wrapping their arms around you,
Realise that they are fleeting.
Seasons have taught me so much about the year,
About anything that’s everything:
Just like we used to promise.

No comments: