Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lightning

A fan of flashes that come in all white.

Raindrops are just needles to inject life into land,
While putting hand brakes on before the light shines green,
Sliding not slipping through roads tight as held hands,
It's not always easy to speak of where I've been.

Don't walk alone down alleys or dirt roads at night.

You taught me all I needed to know about distance
And changing gears with limited visibility,
Although why have I been brought into your existence?
Our names fit as an abuse of alliteration, my vulnerability.

Never did you see the oil and blood on our road.
I was telling you we are moving faster than the needle rain.
You weren't an escape or something to ease the load,
Just something to put a little ease on the pain.

Sealed lips don't always bring delight.

Couldn't tell you how anything made me feel,
Why do you seal your eyes when it's thunder you 'see',
Are you shifting emotions, trying to make them real?
I'm lost in the rain again, but you'd expect that from me.

Sometimes lightning seems the only light.

No comments: