Monday, December 15, 2008

They all sound the same

Blame it on the rain that your flame is running blue,
So pretty to watch, but burns organs deep.
I'm a take person that's given my all to you,
Underperformed from slipping down mountain sides.

On the way to redemption there's dented walls of red,
I punch walls on the outside to put them up on the inside,
No one told you the stance or where you were being lead,
Is it anticipation or guilt that is starting to slide?

Woke up to an empty house, one I know you won't visit,
Those scratches down backs, they've seen it all,
Smile on queue while my insides are being lit.
The marks on my neck make it harder to both forget and recall.

I buried the blue flame that had changed with the sky,
Gone though sunrise, day, sunset and night.
Took the shimmer it held from years ago, put it in your eye,
Whispering secrets so false, but still caused my soul to ignite.

No comments: