Saturday, December 6, 2008

Writers Break Egos not Hearts

In between us exploded into pixie dust,
Just like the paper your holding in your hands,
Threatening to rip words not written about you,
I say 'I'm sorry' but only because you found out.

With your hands in a frenzy the words are torn,
You aren't crushing bones like you're meant to,
Just tearing at skin each and every time-
It's beyond you that I'll just write more.

Zone out, push me back in, I don't belong.
Secret handshakes only stay a secret if no one sees,
That is where I made the error, I was clever
Yet not enough to make you hear or stay.

Was this all you wanted? It's for you now,
Something written for you, and the gaps in your teeth
Won't whistle an acknowledgment this time,
I could never praise you in my words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think, what is it good idea.

Anonymous said...

Joking aside!